Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spottydog89
Reel Rookie

ROKU express 3930 won’t find home wifi or phone hotspot

ROKU express 3930 won’t find home wifi. Tried phone hotspot too and seems to be issue with actual ROKU. Can someone tell me what to change to make this work? Tech specs: says 802.11b/g/n single-band Wi-Fi. Not sure what to change to make compatible, don’t think my WIFI is the issue 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU express 3930 won’t find home wifi or phone hotspot

Hi @spottydog89 

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that your Roku Express 3930 is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
spottydog89
Reel Rookie

Hi, 

I live in the Uk. Does this make a difference 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@spottydog89, make sure you're using a Wi-Fi channel from 1 to 11.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jRoy7

I recently had an issue where our Roku could no longer see the network, even if we entered the name manually. Swapping the router to use channel 11 instead of "Auto" fixed it immediately. Perhaps it was choosing a channel # that the Roku couldn't see. Was a great tip. 🙂

0 Kudos