Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC79

Paste WiFi password on Roku TV

I don't want to reenter my new WiFi password character by character using the remote everytime I change the WiFi password on my network. Can you make it such that the password could be read from an usb flashdisk for example?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Paste WiFi password on Roku TV

The Roku app on a phone/tablet can use keyboard input when used as a remote control for a Roku. That can make it easier. It may also support pasting from the clipboard of that device.

R1costa

Re: Paste WiFi password on Roku TV

I don’t understand how you believe that this is a solution when the question was about inputting in a wifi password… If OP isn’t connected to WiFi, how would they be able to use a phone or tablet to use as a keyboard? This is not a solution to this particular problem. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.