Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Twmears3
Reel Rookie

Roku video doorbell not staying connected to WiFi

Our video doorbell won't stay connected to the WiFi. It connected for like a week after we got it. Then would only take pictures no videos. Factory reset multiple times. It will connect at first but within a day it's not working anymore. Our Internet modem is right inside the front door so I know it's not too far away. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku video doorbell not staying connected to WiFi

Hi @Twmears3,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to investigate further this issue that you're having with the Roku doorbell camera since it will not connect to your home network. May we know if this is a Roku wire-free doorbell camera or a wired video doorbell? Are you getting any error messages or codes?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Twmears3
Reel Rookie

It is a wired video doorbell. No errors just keeps saying trying to connect a certain amount of times. My last try said 10 times

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @Twmears3 

For this matter, we recommend visiting this support article at How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues. This includes guided steps, instructions, and further information on how to troubleshoot and fix the offline issues with your Roku Smart Home Device.

Please keep us posted on how this works, and we'll continue to assist you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Twmears3
Reel Rookie

Nothing is working. The doorbell will chime inside but the actual camera won't stay connected 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Twmears3,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku Video Doorbell. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.
We recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Restart your network router.
  2. Restart your Roku Video Doorbell.
  3. Factory reset your Roku Video Doorbell and set up your Roku Video Doorbell and Chime SE again.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Itsdiego

That doesn’t work neither you guys are better off sending new ones out to customers. (Not like you’re going to buy just a thought) cause I’ve had it for literally 2 months just moved in to this home and just this passed weekend I came home to no view completely disconnected and isn’t connecting to the WiFi anymore. Mind you I have a amazing WiFi connection and service so I know it isn’t the WiFi. Is the equipment itself…

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.