Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjcme

Audio and/or video lags won't recognize the wifi

Jump to solution

I've had my TV for at least a year or more. Always had lag issues on and off. Sometimes it won't recognize the wifi but then it's fine after I "check connection" within settings. Lately it's been worse. Audio and/or video lags. After a few days of use I usually unplug and then it's fine for a short time. I have other tv brands without any issues.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio and/or video lags won't recognize the wifi

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jjcme 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the network issue you are having, and we're here to assist you in addressing the connectivity of your Roku TV on your network. For this matter, we recommend following the instructions below as troubleshooting steps.

System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Restart modem/router.

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device

For further guides and instructions, please refer to this support article on How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device

We hope you find this information helpful in your situation, and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio and/or video lags won't recognize the wifi

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jjcme 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the network issue you are having, and we're here to assist you in addressing the connectivity of your Roku TV on your network. For this matter, we recommend following the instructions below as troubleshooting steps.

System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Restart modem/router.

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device

For further guides and instructions, please refer to this support article on How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device

We hope you find this information helpful in your situation, and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.