Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Operate/Configure Roku Through Computer USB Connection

Jump to solution

@mindl 

Roku sticks communicate via Wifi-Direct to their remote controls, a type of RF. Once the Roku Stick is paired to Roku remote, the signal can go through walls. It needs to because Sticks are usually behind the TV, no line of sight, so no IR will work. It's not magic, just because you don't understand it it's not a conspiracy.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Jump to solution

I want to connect roku device to laptop for install a hotstar application. But device not found or connect to mi dell laptop. Plz advice or guide me how to install hotstar app on roku device.? M from India.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SmileSender wrote:

I want to connect roku device to laptop for install a hotstar application. But device not found or connect to mi dell laptop. Plz advice or guide me how to install hotstar app on roku device.? M from India.

It is not possible to connect a Roku to a computer. If the desired app/channel is not available in the Roku channel store, then it is not possible to install it via other methods. Apps written for other devices (such as the Hotstar app you mention) will not work on a Roku, because they are written for a different platform. Only apps/channels specifically written for Roku devices will work on them.

Unfortunately, India is not a country that Roku officially supports, so it is unlikely there will be a Roku channel written that provides any access to content specific to that country. To see what countries are officially supported, you can go to the main Roku home page, scroll to the bottom of the page, and select "change" to see a listing of all supported countries. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.