Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtuescher

Connect to WiFi without remote

Is there any way I’m able to connect my Roku to my WiFi without a remote? I just got new internet so the remote app won’t work.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Connect to WiFi without remote

Hi @Jtuescher

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

If you are unable to use the Roku mobile app to control your Roku device, you must have the physical Roku remote. May we ask what happens to your Roku remote? Please let us know so we can best assist you.

Keep us posted.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect to WiFi without remote

@Jtuescher wrote:

Is there any way I’m able to connect my Roku to my WiFi without a remote? I just got new internet so the remote app won’t work.

Without knowing your exact model Roku you have, we can't provide a complete answer. If it's a Roku Stick (connects to a TV without a cable), it is impossible to control the Roku (and that means getting it connected to the network) without a genuine Roku remote. 

If your Roku connects to the TV with an HDMI cable, then there is a solution. You can get a generic universal IR remote for less than $10 that will control the Roku. Just make sure the remote has Roku listed as a supported device. All Roku devices other than the Stick models support IR control.

Now, there is one other possible way. If you can control your new Internet router, you can change the SSID and password to the same as your old service, and the Roku should connect back up as if you were on your previous Internet connection. But if you're done a reset on your Roku, then this won't work.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos