Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Connection every 15 minutes

Jump to solution

Hi @antarena,

We've received updates about this, and we suggest performing a system restart by navigating to Setting>>System>>System restart and letting us know if there's an improvement.

Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AmJan,

Just an update about this. Could you share with us the MAC address or your router? Our team would like to take a closer look. You can also send us a PM with the details.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
antarena
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, 

it seemed like doing that fixed it for quite a few hours but then it started back again. I tried updating software and doing a system restart as suggested and it’s still doing that on both devices.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @antarena,

Thanks for getting back to us. We recommend rebooting the system to see if you're still seeing this behavior come up. And check an available software update from Settings>>System>>Sytem update and Check now.  If the same issue occurs, could you please provide us with a Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
waldenak13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i’m also having this issue. i bought a new roku and everything thinking mine was just old and wore out. the new one worked fine for a few weeks but now its the same thing. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try disabling the "Auto Power Savings" features of these devices (3820 and 3941) and see if that makes a difference.

Settings/System/Power/Auto-Power Saving/20-min inactivity [Uncheck box to Disable]

https://support.roku.com/article/6306527767575

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
waldenak13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

i have. i’ve done everything. network reset, system reset, look for updates, factory reset. i’ve even bought a new roku thinking mine was just old and wore out. and it’s the same issue. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@waldenak13 

What Roku device (found in Settings/System/About), router model number, and ISP (internet service provider) are you using?

If happening on both devices, likely just a network setting.  Did you replace the Roku device with same model number or are we dealing with two different Roku models?

----

If you have access to a mobile hotspot, try connecting the Roku device to it and streaming for a bit and see if you get same results. (if you have a very limited data allowance, you can skip this step).

0 Kudos
waldenak13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

my first one was a roku express and the second i got was a roku express 4k+. i have xfinity internet. none of my other devices are having any issues. so i don’t believe it’s an internet problem. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@waldenak13 

Ok, the issue with Xfinity/Comcast with 2.4ghz-only devices (any Roku Express model other than 3960 model), is that the "Wireless Mode" needs to be set to b/g/n.  Otherwise, will either get disconnections, stubborn reconnections, or no connections.

Another issue if using the 5ghz band with dual band devices (Roku Express 3960 and Roku Express 4k+ 3941), is if the router is using DFS channels (52-140).  Roku can only see/use channels 36-48, and 149-161, so can try manually using one of these channels rather than the "Auto" Setting.  If the router is automatically scanning for channels, and selects a DFS channel, the Roku will disconnect.  If using a crowded channel, may also et disconnected.  Might try using another wireless channel. 

----

I am assuming you have also restarted your router when you get disconnected.  Roku devices will automatically try to reconnect to the network when disconnected. (using last known configuration).  If something changes in the router (because of automatic settings), the Roku can have a hard time reconnecting.

0 Kudos