Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku TV will not stay connected to Spectrum community wifi

Thank you for sharing this information with us, @CavalierX.

We have set you a PM here at the Roku Community.

We are hoping for your response from there to investigate this one better.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jwww123
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue with the spectrum wifi connection. Was on the phone with them for over an hour just to say that this is a Roku issue. Absolutely ridiculous that it won’t work. Use the check connection function and it connects for maybe 5 seconds and then goes back to being disconnected. Have factory reset and network reset multiple times. Nothing is working 

CavalierX
Binge Watcher

@RokuJanadeeK I keep saying the mobile hotspot is NOT A RESOLUTION to this issue, it’s just a workaround and that costs users bandwidth and cellular charges on their data plans - NOT OK!  Please quit recommending that as a solution to this issue.  Roku needs to UPDATE THEIR FIRMWARE WITH A COMPATIBILITY FIX.  There are far too many Spectrum business “community WiFi” residences for Roku to try and push the issue onto others.  I know of a dozen or so users here at my apt complex who have all complained and most just switched to APPLE TV!! NO ISSUES!

Dlm1107
Reel Rookie

I agree, connecting to my cellular hotspot is NOT a solution. 

0 Kudos
Jwww123
Reel Rookie

It started having issues this morning. Yes the mobile hot spot works but that’s not the issue. I shouldn't have to connect to a hotspot to use the WiFi that I pay for within the apartment that works for everything else but for some reason the tv is the only device that has this problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us informed. 

Please be aware that we have flagged this issue to the appropriate Roku team. Rest assured that our Roku engineers are aware of this issue and are working with Spectrum to sort out this concern as soon as possible.

We are hoping for your understanding in the meantime.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Jwww123
Reel Rookie

Do we have a time frame for when this will be fixed? Still having issues today with connecting

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @CavalierX

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We've forwarded your concern to the appropriate Roku team. For the time being, no timeframe has been announced for this. However, an update will be provided once we hear back from them.

If there's anything we can do to assist further, let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@CavalierX,

Our team requested additional information about this. I forwarded a PM to you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

Hi, I’ve been dealing with this problem since July and have gone through multiple firmware updates.  I’ve gone through all the testing steps multiple times and talked to spectrum and Roku multiple times about it.  I’d also like any updates about this, some kind of ETA on the fix would be great.

0 Kudos