Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HD8
Channel Surfer

Need reactivation after factory reset

Jump to solution

Did factory reset on Roku and removed wifi. Nothing works to restore wifi because the remote doesn't take me beyond settings to system. The tv screen starts with English, then goes to scan. But doesn't pickup wifi network name because it's been deleted. I need a way to reactivate online with my Roku account again. But see no help online from Roku to do so. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HD8
Channel Surfer

Re: Need reactivation after factory reset

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone who responsed. Problem found. I didn't know how to read my home diagram on Roku screen. Shows no connection outside. Repair scheduled and issue resolved soon. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If the Roku device could detect your network, it would display it so that you can connect to it.  Does it display any networks?  Why did you factory reset it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HD8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku had been out 5 days, now 8. I assumed it was related to a storm in my area. Outage maps showed electrical outages. Optimum texted to say there were utility outages apart from Optimum having a problem. I waited the 5 days and the outages cleared. People in my bldg had also lost Optimum as I did. Afterwards my bldg service returned but mine didn't. Then I did all very thorough checking through research, but I'm also fairly technical. Because nothing restored service, I did the factory reset and also removed internet connection. I have since also used same options numerous times to restore but no service. I have reset the Roku stick and all else as advised many times. Nothing works. I will try getting on hotspot to try to connect and report back later in the day. In response to your question, when I scan wireless other network names in my area populate on Roku screen.  Thank you kindly for your time and support.

0 Kudos
HD8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was able to connect with hotspot and sign in with my network name. But since it populates a different name than before, I no longer can use the same password. Not sure how to find the new password. Will go to my account to see if there is information there or perhaps it populated an email with information. At any rate progress is made. Thanks so much for your help. I will reconnect with an update. Just very thankful to you.  

0 Kudos
HD8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I need help to sign in with a new password, since I don't know how to retrieve that information. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Your hotspot has its own unique password. If you're using a phone, the password is shown under the hotspot menu. If it's a standalone hotspot, it's usually either on a sticker on the bottom of the unit or can be viewed in a display. 

If the Roku can't see your home network, then most likely your home network is using a WiFi channel that Roku doesn't support. on 2.4 GHz, it must be channel 1 through 11. It can't see channels 12, 13 or 14. On 5 GHz the channel number must be below 49 or above 148. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HD8
Channel Surfer

New network password not working

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset and removed internet connection, because nothing worked after power outage 5 days. Roku sent me a new network name and I found my new network password on my PC when I got on hotspot. But new password or old one doesn't work. Did the whole routine of unplugging, resetting Roku stick. Still stuck without a password that works. It seems I need an email with new assigned password. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: New network password not working

Jump to solution

@HD8, Roku has nothing to do with the Wi-Fi password.  You need to get that from whomever is responsible for your Wi-Fi.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
HD8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone who responsed. Problem found. I didn't know how to read my home diagram on Roku screen. Shows no connection outside. Repair scheduled and issue resolved soon.