Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMF1

Connectivity Netgear 6260 014.40

Created new password for my Roku TV and router ISP SPECTRUM.   Roku mobile app and NiteHawk app will not connect.   I tried restart TV, router, modem is SPECTRUM router is self owned.  My mobile connects with router.  ROKU TV AND SPEAKER will not connect.  Your agents will not discuss as warranty is void.  I don't know what to do. All this due to outage.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connectivity Netgear 6260 014.40

@SMF1 

Try performing a Network Connection Reset on the RokuTV.

Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection

----

After the RokuTV boots back up, go to the Network Connect setting and enter the new network credentials (name and password).

Settings/Network/Setup Connection

----

If still a no-go, try changing the password again to something simple without special characters if you are currently using them.  After the password change, reboot router, perform another Network Reset on the RokuTV and see if you can now connect.  If so, and you were using special characters previously, you will need to determine/omit whatever character was causing the issue.

14.40 is generally a password related error or an authentication issue between the Roku and the router.

Feel free to post back with an update if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.