Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaysaw99

Need IP Address from Serial #

Jump to solution

No Remote. Never hooked up to this network before.

Have original Serial Number. Need device IP address to set up App remote on my phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Where can I find my IP address

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If your Roku player is in use and it is connected to your TV, you can open the Settings menu using the steps below to find information about your Roku player including your IP address.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select About

You can also find the IP address of your Roku device by going to Settings > Network > About

I hope you'll find this helpful info. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need IP Address from Serial #

Jump to solution

The Roku app on a phone or tablet can only connect to a Roku that is already set up and connected to the same network the phone or tablet is on. The network router assigns the IP number to the Roku, so until you get the network connection established the Roku doesn't have an IP number. That means the app can't be used to connect and do anything with a Roku not yet set up on your current network.

If the Roku was originally connected to a net and if it has not had a factory reset since then, it is still trying to connect to the old network name (SSID) and password as was used previously. If you can reset your current router to use this SSID and password, then your Roku should connect. At that point, the Roku app on a mobile device connected to that same net should be able to find and control your Roku.

Otherwise, you'll need to have a remote compatible with your Roku model to set up your connection to the new network/password.

All units other than Roku sticks will respond to a shared set of infrared (IR) commands so any cheap universal remote you find at Walmart or a dollar store that says it is compatible with Roku will work as long has you have a direct line of sight to the Roku. Or you can buy one from Roku via https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player#Remotes

Roku sticks are usually out of sight behind the tv and so do not use IR. For Roku sticks you will need a Roku remote connecting via radio frequencies (RF). See https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick#Remotes or search on Ebay or Amazon for a remote for your Roku model number. Purple Roku sticks have long been out of production and require a unique remote that is no longer available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
LuisToucet

Jump to solution

CT384F550668

LuisToucet

Re: Need IP Address from Serial #CT384F550668

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Need IP Address from Serial #CT384F550668

Jump to solution

Can't be done.  Get a real remote.  Read before you post.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Epompey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Need IP address for roku serial #S008203VX19M  

You can reach me by email Ernest.Pompey.Jr@gmail.com

IC22

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos
Carlos2

Re: Need IP Address from Serial # 1XC39A061179

Jump to solution

@LuisToucet wrote:

CT384F550668

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Need IP Address from Serial # 1XC39A061179

Jump to solution

I'll say it again, read before you post!  I already gave the answer.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Need ip adress for serial # 2LA54M124061 of a Roku fire stick

0 Kudos