Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TahoeAnnie
Reel Rookie

My hotspot isn’t showing up on my Roku

Cannot connect to iPhone hotspot. Excellent signal strength. Tried every single one of the suggested solutions with no success. Help! 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My hotspot isn’t showing up on my Roku

Hi @TahoeAnnie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the troubles you have encountered with your Roku device not connecting to the iPhone hotspot. We certainly want to help you with this. Could you provide us with the following information so we could look further into the issue?

• What iPhone model do you have?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • What is your ISP?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TahoeAnnie
Reel Rookie

IPhone is a good, old 8 plus. Using hotspot off Spectrum Mobile who is also ISP. Tried everything- toggling stuff, restarting phone and Roku, resetting network on both. Up to this point, with infinite patience and persistence, I could connect. Not anymore. Hotspot readily connects to all other devices except Roku. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@TahoeAnnie-

What model Roku?  Some only support the original 2.4 GHz WiFi band but not the newer 5 GHz band.

You may have to reconfigure your hotspot to use the 2.4 GHz band.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos