Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick26

My Roku android wont connect to my wifi

Jump to solution

My Roku android box keep saying Wi-Fi network didn’t accept connection when try to connect to the Wi-Fi and all other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku android wont connect to my wifi

Jump to solution

Hi, @Nick26 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the network issue you've encountered with your Roku device, and we're to assist you in resolving the issue at hand. Network issues such as this are resolved with troubleshooting steps, and we'll provide you with instructions for you to follow. Kindly refer to the steps below:

Reset Network Connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In addition, it is advisable to restart your router/modem to have an optimal connection once it resets.

For more information, you can refer to this support article on How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device

We hope this help, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Nick26 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the network issue you've encountered with your Roku device, and we're to assist you in resolving the issue at hand. Network issues such as this are resolved with troubleshooting steps, and we'll provide you with instructions for you to follow. Kindly refer to the steps below:

Reset Network Connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In addition, it is advisable to restart your router/modem to have an optimal connection once it resets.

For more information, you can refer to this support article on How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device

We hope this help, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Nick26What model Roku are you referring to, which firmware is installed and have you registered an account with Roku yet? Also 99% of connectivity problems are due to WiFi channel congestion. Best way to trouble shoot is by installing WiFi Analyzer for Android, then check to see how many others are using the same channel, log into the router and switch to one that's less congested..voila! Just keep in mind that 2.4gHz band is slower but has better range; 5 gHz is faster but tends to be more congested..Channel bandwidth can make a difference as well so my recommendation is to use 20 hz with 2.4, and 80 hz with 5 gHz bands..hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.