Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdeshler

Replaced USB Power Cable with Wi-Fi Receiver with standard micro USB cable

My USB power cable with long-range wi-fi receiver was recently broken, so I replaced it with a standard micro USB cable on my Roku streaming stick+. Now I can't pair my remote or do anything to advance past the home screen.

Is that power cable required to receive wi-fi? If so, I guess my dumb cable isn't sufficient to restore connectivity.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replaced USB Power Cable with Wi-Fi Receiver with standard micro USB cable

@tdeshler 

The USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver found here for the 3810/3811 Roku Streaming Stick + https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver, is required in order to connect to the network (receive wifi), and to connect/use remote.

If you have the Streaming Stick 3820/3821 (4k/4k+), you can use an ethernet adapter (which would provide you a wired connection) if you are close enough to your router to run ethernet cable, and you should be again be good to go.  Otherwise, the link for the replacement 3820/3821 cable is located here https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Jay91
Reel Rookie

Re: cannot buy -USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver (models 3820 and 3821)- on my acc

Have 4 streaming sticks 4k  3820X2 registered on roku account.  wgen I try to buy for that device found on my account it says "There are no compatible devices linked to your account."  even the 4 sticks show up under devices list.  Have tried various browsers including edge to no avail.  need to purchase "USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver (models 3820 and 3821)"  do not see any email/phone number contact to roku support; so trying here.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: cannot buy -USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver (models 3820 and 3821)- on my acc

Wow! I suppose they’re trying to protect you.  You're sure you've got the right one, right?  ie: there's a very similar but different version for models 3810 and 3811.

Assuming you know what you’re doing…,  I could add them to my cart when not signed in and then it gave me 3 options: Sign in for Express Checkout, Checkout as Guest, and Paypal.  I’m guessing either of the last 2 options would allow you to buy it.  

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Jay91
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply.  Take care.

0 Kudos