Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck0517

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I also have this issue. My house has stable, high speed internet. The router and modem have been updated within the last 6 months. We have other brands of tvs that work without issue. The Onn TV will crash within minutes of trying to run Spectrum. Other channels, like Max or Paramount, will isually stream ok after several login attempts - where it tells me I've lost internet connectivity. When I back out to check the network, it shows that everything is working and signal strength is excellent. This is very frustrating and most certainly an issue with the TV setup.

TM_I
Channel Surfer

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I've tried using the Hotspot for several days now.  I did see an improvement but the issue did not go away. Plus when I stopped using the Hotspot I got an error code I didn't have before. Error code 5. I unplugged my TV, plugged it back in and decided to use a wired connection. I haven't had any more issues.  I bought this TV with the intention of using wifi so this very inconvenient. 

0 Kudos
Imgarrett

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I did a factory reset and now can’t get my tv to activate!! Very frustrating. Thought it was my old network at first but all other devices are working. Need help!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Beck0517, @TM_I,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the network connectivity issue with your Roku TV. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

In this case, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Reboot your network connection. Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.
  • Check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi under Settings > Network > Check connection.
  • Restart your Roku device from the Settings menu; please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

In addition, if you encounter error codes such as Error 003, 004, and 005, please check out this support article on how to fix Roku streaming device update problems. You will know more about these error codes and what you should do to fix the issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try unplugging it for a few minutes, then try again. 

0 Kudos
tsnell91

Jump to solution

Ive had issues with this tv since maybe the second month I got it. Called CS and everything. We did every reboot possible. Ive had this tv almost 2yrs its still disconnecting daily its the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tsnell91,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with keeping your Roku device connected to the internet. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuJechealR? Also, how far is your Roku TV from your network router, and do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My device is up to date and I didn't get an error message during an update.  So that article didn't help.  Plus I mentioned unplugging my tv and hard wiring it.  This is a problem with he TV.  

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for providing additional information, @TM_I!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the connectivity issue with your Roku TV. We appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the problem.

In this case, we highly suggest that you try reducing the network usage of other devices. Any device currently accessing the network, such as streaming players, computers, game consoles, and mobile devices, that may affect the quality of your network connection.

In addition, you may visit our support website at the following link for further information on How to improve your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection. If you're still experiencing issues, try connecting your Roku TV to a different network, like a mobile hotspot, to check if it connects. If the problem persists, we suggest contacting your internet service provider, as they can help you further.

Please feel free to ask us any further questions or share any concerns. We'll be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's an unacceptable solution.  My high speed internet is capable of supporting multiple devices at once.  Everything, including my wifi works the way its supposed too.  The ONLY issue is this TV, so rather than saying, "disconnect your other devices" or "pay for a hotspot" come up with a software update that will actually fix the issue.