Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgreer
Reel Rookie

Roku Works, Checking Network Status Doesn't

I have a strange problem. I recently upgraded my mesh router to a TP-LINK Wi-Fi 7 Deco router. My Roku works flawlessly with all my apps (Netflix, Xfinity, Prime Video, etc). However, when I try to perform a Network Connection test, it fails. It says, "Can't connect to wifi network" and gives me a 014 error code. But obviously it is connected. I'm an attempt to fix this, I reset the network connection. The system asked to choose my wifi network and enter the password. I did and it successfully connected. I checked my apps and everything works. But again, I ran the Network Connection test and it failed with the same error.

Bottom line, my Roku Works with all my apps (which wouldn't be the case if it wasn't connecting with Wi-Fi) but the Network Connection test fails because it can't connect to Wi-Fi. Does anybody understand what's going on and how to fix it? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Works, Checking Network Status Doesn't

Hi @Mgreer,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you with the error code you've encountered on your Roku device while performing a connection test. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to resolve the issue.

In this case, we recommend restarting all your network equipment-gateway, modem, and router. Just unplug everything for a few seconds and plug them back in. Once your network equipment restarts, restart your Roku device.

To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mgreer
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I'd already performed all of those steps prior to posting my problem. I actually replaced the main router in my mesh system with a more powerful one. When I did that all the other routers in the mesh had to be reset. After that, I reset the network on my Roku. Then reset the Roku itself. After all that, the Roku still works without a problem, but the Network Connection test still fails with the same error code. Also, I have several stand alone Roku devices and 3 Roku TVs. The Soundbar is the only device showing this issue. It's not a huge problem because the important stuff works. But I like to check the network status periodically to see what type of speeds the device is realizing. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mgreer,

We appreciate your response!

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Let us know how it goes and what you find out this time.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos