Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adtpete
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

It's more about Roku losing connectivity to the internet.

0 Kudos
WSUBLETTE

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

Wired connection. restarted Modem, reset Roku, switched ethernet cable, still no connection

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won't connect to the internet

Jump to solution

@donstauffer

Thanks for the inquiry.

The issue you are experiencing is more related to playback or channel issues. We would recommend searching for a related issue or feel free to create a new thread in one of those boards for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Jump to solution

@WSUBLETTE

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Were you previously connected to your internet connection or is this your first time trying to connect? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bmam2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny this has nothing to do with channels or playback it’s to do with the roku not connecting to the wireless. I’m now on my second streaming stick and it has the same problem. There are literally pages covering this subject. This should cover all the facts you are looking for. 

At this time the device is literally obsolete and roku still haven’t fixed the problem. 

DHG3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with 5 Roku devices suddenly not connecting to my network when they had been fine the day before.  Went through all the troubleshooting to no avail.  Went poking around in the router settings and turned off "WiFi Protected Set-up" and everything started working normally.  This setting has the router look for a response (PIN or the press of a button on the device) from the device, which the Roku is not equipped to give. This does seem to be temporally associated with some event, e.g., a firmware update, but on which side?  Roku did not seemed to have done an update around the time it happened to me.  I have noticed in these forums that similar events seem to be clustered around certain days. A lot of people had this problem in early March. For me it started in early April. Perhaps different routers updated at different times. I am using a very recent Linksys.  My personal uninformed conspiracy theory is that there is something in the proprietary WPS code that is supplied to the router mfgrs that is triggering the router to look for a WPS response from the Roku devices.  It could happen.

Lorenzo2

Jump to solution

Hey man all of a sudden my little small roku device stopped working wene  my network is not even on the list what should I do

0 Kudos
counselor
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Get Chromecast or FireTV.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lorenzo2, make sure your router is using a 2.4GHz channel from 1 to 11 and its channel isn't set to "Auto".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BobbieJ1225
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t know how to do that. 

if that was the issue though why only one tv?