Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 roku devices for 4 years. All of a sudden one of them wont connect to the wifi network anym

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have 2 roku devices for 4 years. All of a sudden one of them wont connect to the wifi network

Jump to solution

Hi, @Johnandkaty 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your 2 Roku Streaming devices which is having an issue connecting to the Wi-Fi network. We're here to assist you in addressing this issue. As a start, we'd recommend performing a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve it. From here, kindly follow the steps below:

Restart the Roku device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Restart the network router/modem

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device
  • Note: If the modem or router did not restart using this method, please reach out to your ISP or the manufacturer for information on how to restart your device.

It is also recommended to connect your Roku device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see a maintained connection.

For more instructions, guides, and troubleshooting steps, you can visit this support article: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if the issue persists or if you have other concerns. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have 2 roku devices for 4 years. All of a sudden one of them wont connect to the wifi network

Jump to solution

Hi, @Johnandkaty 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your 2 Roku Streaming devices which is having an issue connecting to the Wi-Fi network. We're here to assist you in addressing this issue. As a start, we'd recommend performing a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve it. From here, kindly follow the steps below:

Restart the Roku device

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Restart the network router/modem

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device
  • Note: If the modem or router did not restart using this method, please reach out to your ISP or the manufacturer for information on how to restart your device.

It is also recommended to connect your Roku device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see a maintained connection.

For more instructions, guides, and troubleshooting steps, you can visit this support article: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

We hope you find this information useful, and feel free to let us know if the issue persists or if you have other concerns. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos