Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirgrace
Reel Rookie

Fixing connectivity issue having the error 014.30

When I try to connect my roku to the wifi, it does not find the routers sometimes and when it does, it will not connect. 

My phone, ipad, and computer all have full bars for that router.

The error is 014.30. I saw on the forums all of the ways to fix this error code. I have done them all. Nothing works. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Mor

Re: Fixing connectivity issue having the error 014.30

I’m not getting a wireless connection and I’m getting this error code.  Yes I’ve rebooted and moved my phone closer checked for interference etc etc (connecting via mobile hotspot. Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mor,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be aware that the error code usually indicates that you need to fully reboot both your Roku device and your wireless router. We recommend disconnecting the power to your wireless router for a couple of minutes and then reconnecting it again. Once it loads up fully and reconnects to the internet, plug your Roku device back in again and try to connect once more.

You can see more tips about connection error codes and troubleshooting steps here: How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet.

If, for some reason, that isn't clearing things up, you might try changing your wireless network password to remove any special characters. In addition, some Roku devices will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and checking if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest reaching out to your Internet service provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@sirgraceAs a newbie, I'd recommend you state the model number, firmware and build number if you want the best advice. That said, the most common problem with connectivity is channel congestion, so I'd recommend you install something similar to WiFi Analyzer for Android in the App store. Once installed, it will show you how many others use the same channel/bandwidth setting. Log into the router and switch to a channel with less congestion. Hope that helps

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @sirgrace,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku device's error code 014.30, which means that your streaming device cannot connect to the internet. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you set up this Roku device? If not, when did the issue start?
  • How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • What are those troubleshooting steps you have tried trying to fix the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

If you're experiencing network connection issues on your Roku streaming player or TV, this article provides helpful steps to troubleshoot and resolve any problems. Learn how to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Advance network troubleshooting

If the previous steps didn't fix your internet connection issue and you are comfortable working with networking equipment, you can check the article with advanced troubleshooting tips and networking features.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sirgrace
Reel Rookie

I have a roku premiere. 

This roku worked for the last two weeks and stopped today. 

It is a wireless connection. 

No changes to the network. 

Steps I’ve taken:

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device

All of them listed on the website I’ve tried

0 Kudos

Can you mention which Wifi Frequency Band you are operating. 2.4 or 5Ghz. 

802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz Band): Suitable for general home Appliances. 

802.11a/ac (5 GHz Band): Higher bandwidth applications like HD streaming and gaming. 

You may access your router and check the frequency band and it's version. 

Hope it works for you.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@sirgrace,

Thank you for your response,

• Have you made sure your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to, compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 band? If your wireless router is not broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network, your device cannot connect to it. Your Internet Service Provider or wireless router manufacturer should be able to assist you in checking the configuration and making any necessary adjustments.  
  • Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

If the issue is resolved by connecting your Roku device to your mobile hotspot, please get in touch with your internet provider and mention that the Roku device is connected to a mobile hotspot.

Some router updates have changed the router's connection settings on the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band from b/g/n to just g/n, causing Rokus that connect to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band to lose their ability to connect to the network.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rlurker

My network works fine! Including the router!

The Roku Box keepes dropping the internet connection. Once ro twice a day.

How do I get the box fixed or replaced?

0 Kudos

still not working

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.