Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jodie926

Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detected

Jump to solution

I’ve got the same issue on two Rokus I have. Both of them show error code 22 no long range wireless receiver. Can you please help?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jodie926!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution about receiving the Error Code 022.

Firstly, please be aware that Error Code 022 means a Wireless Receiver is not detected and in this case, we suggest unplugging the wireless receiver of your Roku Streaming Stick and waiting for about 60 seconds before re-plugging it again. Kindly ensure that all cables have been plugged tightly.

If the issue persists after doing so, kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further information. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Violet826

Error message: “Wireless Receiver not detected”

Jump to solution

I am also having the same issue

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Error message: “Wireless Receiver not detected”

Jump to solution

Hi @Violet826! Welcome to the Roku Community.

You may be having this issue here, "Wireless Receiver Not Detected."

Try to troubleshoot your wireless signal, but we are aware also that specific Streaming Stick 4K+ devices with the wifi pod extension will need to be replaced.

If your device is impacted and you need to get a replacement device, contact customer support and they can get the device replaced for you at no charge.

Hope that's helpful!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
edmanley

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K Model 3820X2 that is showing the Wireless Receiver Not Detected Error 022 screen that I see so many others have already reported.

I have tried every fix on your Roku Support website plus any suggestions that I found in various forums... nothing works.

I turn it on, get to the first menu where English is highlighted, and then in a few seconds it gives me the 022 error popup.

What can I do?

Ed Manley

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @edmanley,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an error code 022 received upon setting up your device and we appreciate you flagging us about this.

We'd like to know more about this setup. Could you tell us how are you powering this device? Is this connected directly to your TV USB port or to the power outlet?

It is recommended to power up the device to a power outlet that gives enough power to avoid unnecessary behavior.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jrnorwood30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought a new Roku streaming Stick not showing pictures showing a Error code 022

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jrnorwood30,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry if you are having trouble connecting your Roku device to your wireless connection. The 022 error generally indicates an issue with the Wireless Receiver. (the wifi module contained in the proprietary power cable).

If you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning this error, there are a few things you can do to help. Find our FAQ link: How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device | Official Ro...

If the issue persists, please refer to this Community thread Solved: Re: Error Code 022 - wireless receiver not detecte... - Roku Community

Please keep us updated on your progress.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Help with error code 020 no troubleshooting works

Jump to solution

I have a TV that I'm trying to get to work with my roku. When I connect everything comes up as normal. I can go to the apps find a show to watch (here's where the problem takes place) once I click to watch the show it comes up a HDMI error message 020 and won't play. I've tried every help advice I can find online to fix it and nothing. I've tried both HDMI ports on the TV, 4 different HDMI cords, reset everything unplugged everything etc...nothing works. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Help with error code 020 no troubleshooting works

Jump to solution

Hi @Tomlinson99,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are seeing with your Roku device and appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue.

If you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning this error, we recommend checking out this community thread here for additional troubleshooting steps: https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Contact-Customer-Support-Wireless-not-detected-Er...

If the issue remains, please feel free to contact Roku Support for additional assistance and to request a replacement Roku WiFI pod if, despite trying all the recommended troubleshooting steps, you are still experiencing the error.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos