Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ram1985

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

It is automatically connected to an xfinity wifi that has no cloud. How do I change the wifi?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Ram1985  If you have Comcast/Xfinity Internet service, you have a modem that is also your router. You can adjust it several ways. There is an Xfinity app for your phone, there's a web site, and you can log into the modem itself. However, if you lease your modem, Comcast has locked some of the settings so you cannot change them. For example, you can't change the channel number, the mode the radio uses, and a few other settings. You have to contact Comcast support and have them make the changes. My experience with them isn't that great, so I put the modem in Bridge mode and added my own router to handle the WiFi and firewall functions. It's an additional cost (although only one time), but I now have complete control over my WiFi settings and Comcast can't touch them.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bmayer

White light stays on, ROKU shows on screen then goes to error 003. I have tried this on a different tv that also has a Roku stick that works, no go on that devise either. It was working two days ago.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Bmayer

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue:
1. Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
2. Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
3. Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up the connection
If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds. When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

For more information on troubleshooting connectivity issues, please refer to this link: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet
Let us know if there's any difference after.

Regards,
Karla

Mary22

Re: roku explress error 003 unable to update software problem

error 003 is a wifi connection problem ? possible because AT&T in error canceled my internet account but that was only for 4 hours in February 2023 - now Roku suddenly stops working due to error 003.

What to do now - I have disconnected AT&T router, Roku, and restarted all - the ethernet and internet are working with no problems but Roku is a not working.

0 Kudos
Mary22

Re: roku explress error 003 unable to update software problem

no mobile hotspot

0 Kudos
Jessyjay11

Code on tv 003

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jessyjay11,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community.

Thank you for reaching out to us about the 003 code that is appearing on your TV. We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused. 
Have you attempted to restart your router? If not, we suggest doing so and then checking if the issue persists. We suggest connecting to a hotspot using your mobile device. A hotspot can be beneficial if you experience a temporary network outage. If the problem persists, it would be best to keep working with your internet service provider for further assistance.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joe9523
Channel Surfer

I am now going through  the same thing and can't get anything to work unless I go through the TV. That's how I know for sure it's not the WIFI

0 Kudos
Joe9523
Channel Surfer

I really tried everything. It doesn't give mean option to skip, when I hit anything including complete resets it takes me back to the same thing. A circle going round and round. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.