Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Error 003 Issue - Already done everything suggested to do

One thing you didn't mention is trying to use your phone's hotspot (if possible) to complete the update.  Is it only the update that's causing a problem or are you having issues streaming?  Given the number of posts with Wi-Fi hardware issues on these TVs it could be that there's something wrong with yours.  If there's any way to use an Ethernet cable, that would be a possible solution.  Some TVs have Ethernet ports and some don't.  If it's only the update that's giving you a problem, it can also be updated by using a flash drive, but the version that can be downloaded seems to lag by quite a bit.  Finally, you don't necessarily have to trash the TV.  I prefer to use these so-called "smart" TVs as dumb TVs with a Roku device connected to them.  It makes it much tougher for Roku to brick my TV with a faulty update.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

I agree and have had the identical result. I am left with returning the Roku device and getting an amazon fire stick.

Thanks for wasting a good part of my Saturday!

Dave

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.