Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Penfold1
Channel Surfer

Connection speed reported

Jump to solution

I have moved one of my Roku express boxes to the conservatory as we've just added a full roof to it. My phone on 5Ghz gets around 60mbps and other phones on 2.4ghz get around 40mbps in there. The Roku is reporting 6mbps but connection good. Is this normal. Everything else works fine. Streaming is ok in HD. Should I be concerned??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connection speed reported

Jump to solution

Hi, @Penfold1 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We noticed your recent post where you mentioned that your Roku Express HD reports 6mpbs or internet speed for HD streaming, and we'd be happy to guide you with information.

For starters, the Roku Express HD (3930) is what you currently have, and it only supports 2.4 GHz, which connection travels farther at lower speeds compared to the 5 GHz which provides more internet speed at a shorter range.

Additionally, the Roku Express HD detected your network as good, which is an indicator that it will run smoothly with HD quality for streaming without worries about buffering. 

Thus, the network connection that your Roku Express receives is totally fine and shouldn't be a concern. 

For more information, you can refer to this support article on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device

We hope that this information helps. Feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connection speed reported

Jump to solution

Hi, @Penfold1 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We noticed your recent post where you mentioned that your Roku Express HD reports 6mpbs or internet speed for HD streaming, and we'd be happy to guide you with information.

For starters, the Roku Express HD (3930) is what you currently have, and it only supports 2.4 GHz, which connection travels farther at lower speeds compared to the 5 GHz which provides more internet speed at a shorter range.

Additionally, the Roku Express HD detected your network as good, which is an indicator that it will run smoothly with HD quality for streaming without worries about buffering. 

Thus, the network connection that your Roku Express receives is totally fine and shouldn't be a concern. 

For more information, you can refer to this support article on How to improve the Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection to your Roku streaming device

We hope that this information helps. Feel free to let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos