Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheeesy

Error 003 code on Roku tv

So originally my Roku tv wouldn’t load Netflix and then I tried other apps and they wouldn’t load either. So I decided to check the internet connect and it said it was connected with internet. So I unplugged the tv and plugged it back up and still didn’t work. So I got online and started to find a resolution. The filling is what I’ve tried and it’s all not resolved my issue. 

Unplugging Tv, reset WiFi, factory reset. 

After the factory reset it had me do the original setup, well that’s where I got stuck again after getting connected to my internet and attempting to update. The tv just tells me the update failed and prompts me to try again well that’s where was a cycle that I’ve done about 10 times now. So I resulted to pushing in the reset button and taking the tv into recovery mode. Well I tried to update through the wifi option there. That didn’t help, it still won’t update. So I powered the tv off (unplugging it too) and I came back to the Roku tv about 20mins later. I plugged the tv in, and I’m welcomed to the previous the update didn’t work screen I try again and it doesn’t work so then I decided to his cancel and maybe I could skip that step. Nope now I’m stuck at a blue screen with a bunch of circles and in the top left corner I have “on. Roku TV”. 

so my next step was attempting to update the tv via usb and the recovery mode. Well that went though just fine. After the tv came back on I was prompted with the same “setup mode” this update failed. And I can’t process past this at all. 

what do I need to do before to fix my issue. 

P.S it’s not a network connection issue, my phones, tv and desktop computer all work perfectly fine. My second tv is another ONN Roku tv and that works fine. So please spare me if the internet connection mumbo jumbo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error 003 code on Roku tv

Hello! @Cheeesy 

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about updating your Roku device. We're pleased to assist you.

The service may be temporarily unresponsive if your Roku streaming device is stuck on a software update. If an error code is encountered while attempting to update the software, wait a few minutes and try again. If Roku is aware of an extended outage, an alert will be displayed near the top of the Roku support site. If you see an alert here, try again after the outage.

If there is no alert and you continue to see the error message after multiple attempts, the update failure is likely due to a network connectivity issue. Try the steps to help resolve the problem.

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos