Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickoneguy
Channel Surfer

Re: Software update failed error code 003

Jump to solution

Either they don't think it's their issue and think it's a dumb user end issue, or they know it's their problem and they wont/can't fix it or they don't have enough dev resource and it's sitting in a TBD pile. None of which make for a very nice user experience. 

0 Kudos
Guest1111

Jump to solution

Are there any other Roku resources on this site to check for updates as to when Roku will have this issue resolved? Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We've fixed the problem. To fully resolve the issue, please update your software manually.

Here’s how:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Go to Settings > System > Software update.
  3. Select Check Now.

For more detailed instructions, visit our Support page: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please try these steps and let us know if they resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Curtainb
Channel Surfer

Re: Error 003 please help tried everything

Jump to solution

Mine was fixed after calling roku 4 or 5 times and reaching out to the facebook page since 1st level kept saying it was on my side. Turns out it was on roku side and both my 3800r/x and ultra 4661rw are working.  Had to be persistent to get someone else to engage the engineering side after proving it was not on my end. All is well that ends.  THANKS to the last roku tech that escalated the issue after frustration level had be maxed out.

0 Kudos
Curtainb
Channel Surfer

Re: Any way to bypass Error code 003 - Update server could not be reached?

Jump to solution

Mine was fixed after calling roku 4 or 5 times and reaching out to the facebook page since 1st level kept saying it was on my side. Turns out it was on roku side and both my 3800r/x and ultra 4661rw are working.  Had to be persistent to get someone else to engage the engineering side after proving it was not on my end. All is well that ends.  THANKS to the last roku tech that escalated the issue after frustration level had be maxed out.

0 Kudos
Curtainb
Channel Surfer

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

It has been fixed now on both on mine.

0 Kudos
Curtainb
Channel Surfer

Re: 003 can't update and only have blank screen

Jump to solution

Both of mine fixed now 3800 and ultra

rickoneguy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Fixed, thank you.

0 Kudos
dvoyage
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Working for me now - thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Kindly be advised that the issue has been fixed by our team.

We encourage you to update your Roku devices by navigating to Settings > System > Software update, then Check Now

For more detailed instructions, visit our Support page: How to update the software on your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support.

If the issue persists, please let us know and we'll take further actions to address it.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator