Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makwell

When I turn my tv on it says error code 003

Jump to solution

My TV is stuck on error code 003 and it says, please set up your network connection and try again and when I push try again, it puts me back on the same page and when I push cancel, it has a frozen screen and the power button, and the volume buttons only work and the problem with my TV It only has one button which is the power button SHARP TV 

please help me 

0 Kudos
Angieraz

Re: Software update failed error code 003

Jump to solution

I’m trying to set up a newly purchased Roku express device and keep getting error code 003 update software but it won’t let me hit the home button to go update the software since I’m still in the swt up mode. 

0 Kudos
Teapot1975

Re: Error 003 - Can't update software

Jump to solution

How to move it 

Can't update software 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Teapot1975 wrote:

How to move it 

Can't update software 

How to move what? The Roku? Unplug it and plug it into a different TV. If you are having a problem with it updating over your home Internet connection, try using a hotspot that is available on most smartphones. If your phone doesn't have one, perhaps you can use a friend's phone for a quick update attempt.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
sabzar

Jump to solution

Connecting to Mobile Hotspot worked.

0 Kudos