Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBChewy
Binge Watcher

Re: Device keeps shutting down and disconnecting from Wi-Fi

I am having the same problem! I have the latest Roku Ultra. Like the other person said: it was working fine until around the first of June.

The error message I see is: Not connected to the internet. One of the options is;"Proceed anyway". I'm pretty sure that is the default selection, and the one I pick. I am immediately returned to either where I was, or someplace close.

Very irritating for the premiere product from Roku!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stefdav @JBChewy!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that this issue must be ongoing, and we'd like to know more about it.

How are you powering your device? Is it to a wall outlet or to a TV USB port? Powering your devices from a source that has enough power is a must for them to work better.

Have you tried using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Let us know more about this so that we can work on additional troubleshooting. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stefdav
Channel Surfer

I have tried to power my Roku device from BOTH the USB port on the TV and also tried it plugged into the wall. There was no difference. I have not tried it on a different network because that is not possible for me. I will mention that in the same house and on the same network, we also have a Roku enabled TV and that works just fine, (knock on wood - I hope that I didn't jinx myself) Originally, before we bought the Roku enabled TV, our old TV used this very same Roku device with absolutely no issues. Now, all of a sudden, it does not connect and keeps reverting back to the bouncing ROKU.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stefdav

Thanks for posting and providing the information.

Have you tried factory resetting your Roku streaming device to see if the issue persists? Please be aware that factory resetting the Roku device will require you to re-activate the device and may ask you to re-authenticate some channels.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on a Roku device, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stefdav
Channel Surfer

I have done all this with the exception of the factory reset so I have an important question about that. I have a Roku Tv in another room that has no issues at all. If I reset this TV with the Roku Express on it - taking it back to factory settings, WILL THAT AFFECT MY ROKU TV IN THE OTHER ROOM?????

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stefdav,

Thank you for this inquiry!

Please be advised that performing a factory reset would only affect the specific device you have performed the reset on and would not affect your other device, in this case, your Roku TV.

For further details and assistance, refer to our support link: How to system restart or Factory reset your Roku streaming device

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stefdav
Channel Surfer

Thank you........... Now let's see if it works!

0 Kudos