Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desiree3
Reel Rookie

Connectivity and remote Issues

Jump to solution

I have 2 streaming sticks. On both the remotes won’t stay connected. Resets and battery changes yield nothing. They also will not connect to internet, happened over night. Help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Connectivity and remote Issues

Jump to solution

Hi @Desiree3

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us who is your internet service provider? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
lanny

Jump to solution

I have Wi-Fi& connectivity and internet problems. Please help me 

MY e-mail address is [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Desiree3

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us who is your internet service provider? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @lanny

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What's the model number of your Roku device? This can be found in Settings > System > About.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Desiree3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding Karzia. I ended up contacting spectrum, who was able to see a connectivity issue, they were able to fix. Since everything else in the house worked, I assumed it was my roku. I learned something today, always check with your internet provider. 

Ileon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku express remote won't connect to my tv it was working fine when I had it but all of sudden it stopped working why's that?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ileon

Thanks for your post. 

We understand that you are facing some difficulties with your Roku remote. For clarification, the remote that comes with this device is a simple remote. Is that correct? If that's the case, to resolve issues with your Roku simple remote, start by looking for visible obstructions. Here are a few tips to ensure a clear path from your remote to your streaming device:

• Always be sure you can see the front of your Roku device.
  • Test your remote from various positions. Try holding your remote higher and pointing it downwards at the front of your Roku streaming device. Move the remote to the left and right, making sure it is always pointing directly at the front of your streaming device.
  • Do not hide your streaming player. If your streaming player is attached to your TV with the included adhesive strip, move it to a position where the signal is less likely to be blocked. Do not install it inside a closed cabinet or behind your TV.
  • Try inserting new matching batteries. 

I hope the suggestion above helps resolve the issue. If in case you have a Roku voice remote, I suggest attempting to resolve the issue by following the troubleshooting steps that can be found here under Troubleshooting your Roku voice remote
: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Still no dice after all the troubleshooting steps, kindly let us so we can further assist you. Please include the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote. Its serial number or device ID is printed on the bottom or back of the Roku device.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ileon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah non of those steps worked where do I send the serial number and the info? Or contact to you guys

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ileon 

Thanks for the reply.

I apologize that the previous suggestions were not effective in resolving your issue. We would be happy to offer further assistance. To assist you more efficiently, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device and post it here in your response.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ileon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The sn:S0093254459M

0 Kudos