Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDSel
Reel Rookie

Automatic rollover to next available network?

Jump to solution

I have two networks in my home and three Roku devices; is there any way for Roku to automatically rollover to the next available network when the primary network goes down?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Automatic rollover to next available network?

Jump to solution

@RDSel 

It does not do that. Would be nice though.

If a network is down -- that is, it doesn't show at all -- Roku will not automatically find another network setup. You have to manually change it.

The good news is that it will remember a previous setting, meaning if you were on Network A, then changed to Network B, but then Network B went down, it won't automatically revert to Network A. You'll have to manually select it. However, it will remember the credentials, meaning you don't have to re-enter the password.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

RDSel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt response!  Yes, it's nice that the credentials for both networks are stored, was hoping that there was a rollover feature that I wasn't aware of, as the network always seems to go down at the most inconvenient times and I'm left scrambling from one flat screen to the next, lol!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RDSel 

It does not do that. Would be nice though.

If a network is down -- that is, it doesn't show at all -- Roku will not automatically find another network setup. You have to manually change it.

The good news is that it will remember a previous setting, meaning if you were on Network A, then changed to Network B, but then Network B went down, it won't automatically revert to Network A. You'll have to manually select it. However, it will remember the credentials, meaning you don't have to re-enter the password.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RDSel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt response!  Yes, it's nice that the credentials for both networks are stored, was hoping that there was a rollover feature that I wasn't aware of, as the network always seems to go down at the most inconvenient times and I'm left scrambling from one flat screen to the next, lol!

0 Kudos