Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruz69

network connection issue with TCL tv and outdoor Roku security cameras

Jump to solution

I have a TCL tv with Roku built in and a Roku home security system.  For the last several weeks my tv when off for around 2 hours or more will not display channel info on the guide unless I click to that channel.  Otherwise it just says no information.  Also channels above the 40s due not show at all.  Every time I have to perform a network reset and put in WIFI password to correct it temporarily.  My outdoor cameras have not connected for even longer.  It always says WIFI signal strength is excellent.  Please help so Ii do not have to reset every time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: network connection issue with TCL tv and outdoor Roku security cameras

Jump to solution

Hi, @Bruz69 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the network issue you're experiencing with your Roku TV and Roku Smart Home devices, and we'd be glad to assist you in resolving the problem at hand. In this instance, a troubleshooting will be provided for you to perform to address the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

For your Roku TV, perform a System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

In addition, you can refer to this support article regarding the network issues you've encountered with your Roku Smart Home devices on How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Furthermore, we recommend restarting your network modem/router to ensure optimal usage after its reset. Make sure that your Roku TV and Roku Smart Home devices connect without issues from the router/modem and receive good signal strength.

Let us know how this works, and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: network connection issue with TCL tv and outdoor Roku security cameras

Jump to solution

Hi, @Bruz69 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the network issue you're experiencing with your Roku TV and Roku Smart Home devices, and we'd be glad to assist you in resolving the problem at hand. In this instance, a troubleshooting will be provided for you to perform to address the issue. Kindly follow the instructions below:

For your Roku TV, perform a System Restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

In addition, you can refer to this support article regarding the network issues you've encountered with your Roku Smart Home devices on How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Furthermore, we recommend restarting your network modem/router to ensure optimal usage after its reset. Make sure that your Roku TV and Roku Smart Home devices connect without issues from the router/modem and receive good signal strength.

Let us know how this works, and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos