Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamaump23

Indoor camera se will not update

Jump to solution

Just bought a indoor camera se, no problem setting it up, after setup it says it need to update the firmware, always fails, I have tried ALL of the solution listed, if it is not resolved soon I will be returning it to WalMart tomorrow 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera se will not update

Jump to solution

Hi @Bamaump23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

In reviewing your post, I noticed that you are having difficulties updating the firmware of your Roku Indoor Camera. I would like to offer my assistance with this issue.

To ensure a successful firmware update for your smart home device, it's important to have it powered on and connected to a stable internet connection. A weak or low-quality internet connection can prevent downloading and installing a firmware update. 

Make sure that the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile device is in the latest version. I recommend you verify that your smart home app is updated to the latest version. To do this, you can easily visit the appropriate app store.

• For iOS users: Open the App Store on your iOS device and search for "Roku Smart Home mobile app," or visit the online App Store to download the latest version.
  • For Android users: Open the Google Play store on your Android device and search for "Roku Smart Home mobile app," or visit the online Google Play store to download the latest version.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps.

Set up your device again:

You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

If you need help completing the setup process, refer to the appropriate setup article on How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

Reset your device:

If setting up your smart home device again does not resolve the issue, you can factory reset it and then set it up again. This should be a last resort for troubleshooting purposes since it removes all preferences and settings. For help, learn how to reset your smart home device.

If it is difficult to access your smart home device to perform a reset, delete it from the smart home app instead.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Delete device

After your device is reset or deleted from the app, set up again your Indoor Roku Camera.

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera se will not update

Jump to solution

Hi @Bamaump23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

In reviewing your post, I noticed that you are having difficulties updating the firmware of your Roku Indoor Camera. I would like to offer my assistance with this issue.

To ensure a successful firmware update for your smart home device, it's important to have it powered on and connected to a stable internet connection. A weak or low-quality internet connection can prevent downloading and installing a firmware update. 

Make sure that the Roku Smart Home app on your mobile device is in the latest version. I recommend you verify that your smart home app is updated to the latest version. To do this, you can easily visit the appropriate app store.

• For iOS users: Open the App Store on your iOS device and search for "Roku Smart Home mobile app," or visit the online App Store to download the latest version.
  • For Android users: Open the Google Play store on your Android device and search for "Roku Smart Home mobile app," or visit the online Google Play store to download the latest version.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps.

Set up your device again:

You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

If you need help completing the setup process, refer to the appropriate setup article on How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

Reset your device:

If setting up your smart home device again does not resolve the issue, you can factory reset it and then set it up again. This should be a last resort for troubleshooting purposes since it removes all preferences and settings. For help, learn how to reset your smart home device.

If it is difficult to access your smart home device to perform a reset, delete it from the smart home app instead.

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Delete device

After your device is reset or deleted from the app, set up again your Indoor Roku Camera.

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.