Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hotmustain

Had to change wi fi router and password

We had to change the wi-fi router because we went to fiber optics.   How do I get my indoor camera to reconnect to the new router and password.   I can’t find anyplace to do that 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Had to change wi fi router and password

@hotmustain 

If you do not want to just change the SSID name and password of your new router to match that of your old router (so devices would automatically connect), you will just need to setup the camera again.

If you just setup your camera again through the mobile app, you can enter the new SSID and password.  

From the following Support article (https://support.roku.com/article/7875457614743) under "Advanced troubleshooting steps"...

----

Set up your device again
You do not need to remove your smart home device from the mobile app to set it up again. Simply follow the steps below and see if that resolves your issue.

Open the Home Home screen icon in Roku Smart Home mobile app screen 
Tap the plus sign add a device plus icon in Roku Smart Home mobile app from the navigation bar ((upper left top of screen))
Select Add device
Select your device category and then select a device
Follow the on-screen instructions.

---

During the setup, you will be provided a Network Screen to enter the new credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.