Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baxa
Streaming Star

Re: Accessibility Menu not in Canada

So still no answer as to WHY NOT the accessibility features aren’t available in Canada?...Certainly Roku knows the answer they simply don’t want to say...

VERY POOR SERVICE!!!!

Baxa
Streaming Star

Still no answer on WHY Accessibility menu and Audio Guide are NOT available in Canada OR WHEN those features can be turned ON?...

Baxa
Streaming Star

Any news?...

I know it is NOT available in Canada...But can someone please tell me WHY NOT? Example: doesn’t meet Canadian standard of bilingualism, CRTC would not approve it in Canada for whatever reason, etc...

I have been waiting Almost 2 years for a VERY SIMPLE answer...

From Ontario Canada

I just bought the Roku with the voice remote and was really hoping to be able to get my hubby to use the menus with the accessibility but alas it does not exist.  It's not just people in the U.S who need these features!

Baxa
Streaming Star

I see it is now another year that has gone by and still no answer on why the Accessibility features don’t exist in Canada OR when they may be turned on...

What the **bleep** is going on?...Just looking for a simple question to be answered and can’t even get that...

Is Roku like the worst company on the planet?

Baxa
Streaming Star

Another 4 months and still have heard NOTHING!!!

Is this question ever going to be answered? Will ROKU ever provide the accessibility settings menu in Canada?

Roger1818
Binge Watcher

@Baxa wrote:

Is this question ever going to be answered? Will ROKU ever provide the accessibility settings menu in Canada?

Probably not.  Given that Roku employees no longer seems to track this forum, I doubt if you will ever hear an official answer.  They are making big bucks from having their software installed on TVs so they don't really care about the user experience anymore.

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Just received Roku OS 10...Not only does it still NOT HAVE the ACCESSIBILITY setting menu, but it now broke my remote control volume...

The volume button stopped working today...I re-paired my remote (Roku Steaming Stick+ with voice remote) and still not working...So I tried to set the TV model (Sharp) and pick a remote...But it now ONLY had 1 version of sharp tv and when I answered question saying “NO” to question “did sound stop”, it said “Sorry your TV is not supported”...What’s up with this?.,,Any idea however to fix this?...

0 Kudos
Ludovit

Hey, a little later than you'd want, but I figured it out ... For me anyways. I had the issue on my Roku watching NCIS Hawaii on paramount plus ... NCIS Hawaii is sap enabled, so there's a second audio track. While in show, press *, select accessibility and captions, select audio track, and then change the audio track you're listening to.  In my case, I wanted the sap off. Worked for me, hope that helps!!?

0 Kudos
Designwallah
Binge Watcher

May I suggest it has something to do with the fact that Canada is a bilingual country, and perhaps Roku does not want to put an effort into ensuring the feature works in both official languages? They have a semi-official language in the USA (Spanish) that they ought to make work as well.

0 Kudos