Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bc_L

Parental Control Home Screen Ads

It appears enough people have commented about the Need for censoring Home Screen Ads that something needs to be done. I don’t need my 5 sons curious about “ Sex lives of College Girls”

Bad enough that exists…. When will this be an option ?

2 REPLIES 2
TR5
Reel Rookie

Re: Parental Control Home Screen Ads

"The Sex Lives of College Students" ad for HBOmax appeared on my home screen last night at 9:12 PM.  I have a home with 3 kids aged 8 and under.  I hope that someone at Roku will advise how we can eliminate these types of inappropriate ads. Although my kids should be asleep by 9:00 PM, there are some circumstances where my kids could potentially be exposed to this trash. 

I echo BC_L's sentiment:  "bad enough that this exists".  However, a more tasteful ad that concealed the true nature of the show's content from kids (but not adults) could be tolerated.  That was not the case for this particular ad. 

My family will not be using the Roku streaming stick until we've resolved this.  I understand AppleTV does not have ads on the home screen. 

TR5
Reel Rookie

Re: Parental Control Home Screen Ads

0 Kudos