Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baxa
Streaming Star

Accessibility Menu not in Canada

I noticed the settings accessibility menu including Audio Guide is removed from Streaming Stick+ devices in Canada. Specifically, my 3810X device becomes a 3810CA device, and the settings menu disappears.

No one at Roku is providing me with any answers on this including tech support and the customer advocate.

Does anyone know why this happening and when it will be resolved so that blind people (such as my wife) can be given this capability in Canada?
21 REPLIES 21
OliPastas
Channel Surfer

Re: Accessibility Menu not in Canada

I'm from quebec and I think there is no real support for people in Canada. Nobody answered my question as well.

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Thanks for reaching out here.

Have you tried turning on the audio guide by pressing the * key four times quickly on your Roku remote? This should help enable audio guide to assist with navigating the device interface.

Please send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About and I'll help get you in touch with our team for more help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Yes I have tried pressing * key 4 times fast...The feature simply is not present...
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Baxa 

Thanks for confirming. We'll follow up directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

It’s been a couple of weeks and I have heard nothing back from the community manager...

Are you unable to get any answers to my basic questions?
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Hi there, 

We're still looking into this report. I will follow up with you again to see what else we can do to help in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Just following up again...

Do you have any response yet?...I don’t understand how it can take months to answer very simple questions...

A non-response by Roku sure looks like an avoidance of the issue in hopes that it will just go away...

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Baxa  Thanks for following up here. It looks like that feature isn't currently available for devices in regions outside the US. I have shared this feedback with our team for future considerations. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Baxa
Streaming Star

Thanks but my question was WHY NOT available in Canada and when will it be available?...I have been waiting 1+ years.,.