Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_benway
Roku Guru

loss of 5.1 with express 4k+ 3941x

Jump to solution

Hello All

I am no longer able to get 5.1 audio from either Netflix or Amazon with the express 4K+ 3941X

software 10.5.0 build 4208-cr

everything audio is set to "auto" as it always has been.

it only outputs stereo

netflix doesnt even show the "5.1" in the title description anymore

restarted the express etc

However I plugged in my old 4210x, roku 2

software 10.0.0 build 4209 04

same receiver, same wifi, same cables,  same content/titles, same hdmi input and set to auto and I get 5.1 audio again on netflix and amazon

and netflix shows "5.1" in the title description

what has happened?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: loss of 5.1 with express 4k+ 3941x

Jump to solution

@dr_benway 

What audio formats are available when you highlight Settings/Audio/Digital output format/Auto ?

If you dont see "DD+" listed, you wont get 5.1 in NF/Hulu/Prime (and some others) - you may need to adjust settings in your AVR/TV (whatever it is connected to) to obtain 5.1 again.

Otherwise, make sure you havent accidentally enabled Volume modes:  during playback of any content, press Options (*)/Volume mode=off

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dr_benway 

What audio formats are available when you highlight Settings/Audio/Digital output format/Auto ?

If you dont see "DD+" listed, you wont get 5.1 in NF/Hulu/Prime (and some others) - you may need to adjust settings in your AVR/TV (whatever it is connected to) to obtain 5.1 again.

Otherwise, make sure you havent accidentally enabled Volume modes:  during playback of any content, press Options (*)/Volume mode=off

dr_benway
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You sir, are a genius!  🙂

Levelling mode had been accidently enabled.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos