Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lp8
Reel Rookie

Home screen enlarged when powering on

Jump to solution

I have been using a Roku Express 4K+ for 6 months now.  Up until a month ago it worked perfectly.  Then I started having problems most of the time when turning it on.  It will power on but the screen will be enlarged and blurry. It's enlarged to the point of only being able to see a part of the first row of apps. I'll hit the Hulu button on the remote (as that what I use most of the time), Hulu will appear also greatly enlarged, then I'll select enter to get something to display which is also greatly enlarged.  I'll power off then on again and it will be on the Hulu show that I selected and will be perfectly displayed.  I have tried the reset on the device,  unplugging the device, and looked in settings and haven't found anything that has helped.  Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.    

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home screen enlarged when powering on

Jump to solution

@lp8, look for a "power saving" setting under Settings->Power on the Express.  If it's there, disable it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy

Jump to solution

By "powered off" are you referring to turning off the TV, or unplugging the Express 4K?   The Express has no provisions for turning it off -- it's powered up whenever connected to an active power source.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lp8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm referring to powering off the tv. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@lp8, look for a "power saving" setting under Settings->Power on the Express.  If it's there, disable it.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

Jump to solution

When this occurs, does switching the tv to a different input and back clear it up?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lp8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.  I disabled this setting yesterday (Friday) and so far it is working great! It appears to be the solution to my problem.  I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos