Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sledder9
Reel Rookie

Netflix won't launch – crashes back to home screen

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue but it's only with netflix. It's not an issue with my account because I can get it on my other 3 tv's, my phone, and all 4 of my pc's. It was working yesterday at 2:50pm, then a couple hours later it started doing this. I did all the unplug, batteries, reset stuff.

roku tv 7224X

sharp model LC-50BU711U

serial # YN00N3762002

device ID  JWD94N762022

issue id 22-349-382

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix crashing back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @sledder9

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Since the issue only occurs on one channel, we would recommend you remove then re-install the channel. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding Netflix back in. 

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Netflix Support here: https://help.netflix.com/en

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix crashing back to home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @sledder9

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Since the issue only occurs on one channel, we would recommend you remove then re-install the channel. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your Roku TV before adding Netflix back in. 

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Netflix Support here: https://help.netflix.com/en

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator