Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTubeTV keeps signing out on Roku device

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jhoch0622

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We see that the issue has resurfaced, and understand that this has affected your streaming with YouTube TV. We'd be more than glad to assist and take action and resolve this issue. Let's troubleshoot this one, and we recommend following the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

After successfully performing the steps, kindly check the YouTube app to see if there are any improvements.

Keep us updated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shj1011
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello. I am still experiencing issues with Youtube TV signing me out.... This is becoming a real pain in the ass to deal with...... I even went as far as to hook up a new Roku to my tv... My internet connection is "Excellent", I removed the app, reset the roku, and reinstalled the app as requested. Again, this is only happening on 1 tv.....

Could it be the TV itself? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @shj1011,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with YouTube TV. We're happy to assist you further. Is this the only channel that you're having issues with? May we know what the software version of your Roku TV is by going to settings, system, and about?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gimsfish

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. I have 3 Roku sticks installed on 3 different tvs and YouTube tv keeps signing out on one tv. Always the same tv. It happens 3 to 4 times a week.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @gimsfish.

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support about the playback issues you've been experiencing within the YouTube TV app. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, when you access the YouTube TV app again and you're signed out, we suggest troubleshooting the app by following the steps provided below:

1. Remove app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart
  3. Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

After doing so, highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update the app. 

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.