Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Remove and loading errors.

2 issues. One, I am unable to remove a channel from my list and Two, some channels are giving me a system error and will not load. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Re: Remove and loading errors.

It is still broke. I am unable to remove a channel. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@SmokingJoe-

If this is a premium channel that you subscribe to through Roku, you're running into a stupid programming decision made by Roku. You will not see the Remove Channel option while the subscription remains active.  If you cancel the subscription this stops additional payments but you still won't be able to remove the channel until your prepaid period runs out.

Try using the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account.  At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name.  On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel.  I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had any for years) but some have said this worked for them even while the subscription is still active.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

It is a Reg channel.  No premium  or subscription. I know how Roku works. The removal feature is broke.

Thanks

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I'm frequently installing channels to try to help somebody out with something, then removing them.  All I can tell you is it's never given me a problem.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Yes, I also was adding them removing them with no issues. But recently I am unable to. I have a onn Roku tv and a second tv with a Roku device. Nether for some reason will let me remove anything now. I do not know the answer. Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim

@SmokingJoe, are you also now having problems adding channels/apps?  I know I can't remove them if I block certain websites, but that also affects adding them or loading them if I haven't used them in a while.  You might want to try connecting to your phone's hotspot, if possible, to see what happens.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

My hotspot is all I use. I dont know what you mean by blocking websites. All I know is everything was working fine until a few days ago.  The remove feature wont remove anymore. It shows I can but when I hit remove, nothing happens. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

So, if it's broken have you tried the work around via the Roku app on a remote device as suggested earlier?

0 Kudos
SmokingJoe
Streaming Star

Removing the Roku app? It is a ONN Roku tv. It is built in. And my other tv has a Roku device. So, it is not a app, 

0 Kudos