Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTubeTV keeps signing out on Roku device

So I have been dealing with this annoying problem for a couple of months where youtubetv will signet seemingly at random times on one of the Roku devices I got in my house. Is there a solution? My two other tvs that run YouTubetv on fire sticks don't have this issue

14 REPLIES 14
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTubeTV keeps signing out on Roku device

Hi @rickrock987,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're experiencing with YouTube, and we definitely want to help you with this. We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.

• Remove the YouTube channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
  • Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
  • Install the channel again.

You can also do a system update to make sure that the software version of your Roku device is up-to-date for optimized usage for streaming. To do this, go to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. Kindly check and see if you notice any difference.

For more troubleshooting steps with any channel playback issue, follow our Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shj1011
Reel Rookie

Did this work for you? I am having the same issue on one of my tv's

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @shj1011,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate for sharing your experience about this. Could you tell us when did you start seeing the issue occur? Have you seen any changes recently that might be related to this?

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shj1011
Reel Rookie

Started seeing the issue occur about 2 months ago when I first signed in on my roku tv.  I have 6 roku's and this is the only one I am having an issue with logging me out of YoutubeTV. No changes recently. It happens every couple of days. If I am lucky, I can go a week without worrying about it. But it keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
Jhoch0622
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. I just recently purchased the Roku Express and was able to sign in on the first day, but had to re-sign in the second day (yesterday) and am having to do the same now. It appears as if once I am signed in for the day, I can come back to it without issue, but each day requires a new sign in. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@shj1011,

Thanks for the update!

If you see this happening again, please share with us the details below. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jhoch0622,

We appreciate you sharing your story with the Roku community.

If you have attempted any troubleshooting, please let us know what didn't work. Do you own any other Roku devices? If so, do they exhibit the same behavior?

Let us know, and we will investigate it further.

With regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shj1011
Reel Rookie

I followed the instruction mentioned and it worked. This time for almost 3 weeks. Then it happened again, and now it is doing it about 2 times a week like before. 

I do not have that information you are requesting as I am not anywhere near the tv at this time. I can tell you that the Roku does update regularly as that was the 1st thing I checked when it started happening  months ago.  

Jhoch0622
Reel Rookie

The problem fixed itself for about 6 weeks, but has now happened again twice in two days.