Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madking1
Streaming Star

Roku tv squealing sound issue on black screen

Have a Roku tv 75R6A5R and when I’m watching something and the screen is black there is a high pitch squeal. It’s only on a black screen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv squealing sound issue on black screen

Hi @Madking1,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Can you please provide the following information below?

• When did the issue start?
  • Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku TV?
  • Do you have an external device like a speaker that is connected to the back of your TV?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Madking1
Streaming Star

Serial #: x013004tc1cn

I have updated with latest software. I have done factory reset, network reset, system reset. Have unplugged and plugged in again. The noise occurs on black screen either when a app is loading on on a movie or tv show with a true black screen  

I can record a video of the sound if that helps. 

edit: I have a Roku soundbar connected but sound comes from tv. Unplugged soundbar and it’s not the  soundbar. 

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Madking1!
Thank you for your reporting this issue here on the Roku Community!
We noticed your post regarding the squealing sound from your 75" Roku Plus Series 4K TV. We are here to assist you in determining the cause of the issue. 

To do that, we require more information from you to accurately assess the problem. Please provide us with additional details about the to assess the issue properly.
Please provide the following information:

• Could you please check the operating system (OS) version of your 75" Roku Plus Series 4K TV? You can do this by following these steps: Press Home > Settings > System > About.
  • If the high-pitched noise continues, please verify whether it originates from your television or any external speakers currently connected.

To better understand the issue, could you please provide us with a video recording when the squealing sound occurs on your 75" Roku Plus Series 4K TV? This will assist us in accurately diagnosing the problem.

Thank you for your participation,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos