Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube app constant buffering

Hi, @BeachGuy1.

Here's how you can contact the Customer Support of the YouTube app:

Direct phone line: 833-855-0817

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

Yeah, that's a black hole.  Just links for generic help.  The phone number is for YouTube TV support.  No real way to reach out to anyone real/useful.  What is it with support nowadays, there is no way to reach technical/customer support.  They all have links to help that are dead ends.  At least I am able to reach out to the folks @ Roku and I appreciate that.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your feedback, @BeachGuy1.

Have you tried to reach out to the Help option inside the app? You can find it on the left side of the Home page of the YouTube app. Also, there is an option to reach out to their technical team through their Social Media platforms. We recommend trying it out!

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

The only "help" on the app that I could find was youtube.com/tv_help (found in "settings") which points to https://support.google.com/youtube/topic/9257096?hl=en&visit_id=638336898543742891-3172736019&p=yt_t....  Which is back to the same help black hole as before and mostly directed at YouTube TV.  

When you say "technical team through their Social Media platforms" can you provide specific contact info for them.  Not links to dead ends or black holes. 

I guess all in all I'd prefer Roku contact them and figure out since I can't seem to get anywhere with search and dead end links.  This about our 10th comment back/forth and getting nowhere.  Have you contacted them and found a resolution?  That is why I contacted you on this forum in the first place.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @BeachGuy1.

You can try their Twitter (X) account under the username @Youtube or visit their official Facebook page.

No worries. Our Engineering team is fully aware of the occurring issue and is currently in the process of sorting this out. Once we have updates from them, we will make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we highly appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BeachGuy1,

This is regarding the report you have on YouTube about constant buffering. We'd like to ask for a Tracker ID on the issue. When you see the issue occur, press the home button five times and the back button five times, and an ID will appear on your screen. Provide us with it.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

As I stated on Friday when I provided specifications (look back through the thread) as soon as I push "Home" button, Roku goes to Home menu.  Maybe you can try with device on your end?  I provided a video that recreates this problem.

YouTube app

version/build: 2.22-build110005099

Tracker ID: Just goes to Home as soon as I press home button

Example of YouTube video that buffers continuously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_ZltXDqgs

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @BeachGuy1!

In fact you'll be able to get it when you're on the Home screen. Or you can use your remote and say "Issue ID" if you have a voice remote.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeachGuy1
Streaming Star

Streaming Stick: 

Model: 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K

serial number: X02522XT5T16 (S0J732CT5T16)

GC version: 10.2.30

Timestamp: 2023-10-23T21:35:24Z

Issue ID 16-426-095

TCL/Roku remote doesn't have microphone but I was able to use the app on my tablet which does have the microphone.  Issue ID TC-426-119 on TCL/Roku.

I also got TC-426-122 and TC-426-123

Actually each time it happens it seems to return different last 3 numbers on the TCL/Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We really do appreciate your help. We'll make sure to provide an update on this thread once available.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.