Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Re: Xfinity Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

Why is my post showing up in this weather channel cannot log in thread? 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @dansgen1alero,

Thanks for the post,

We understand you are having an issue with the Xfinity app's volume leveling. We're pleased to assist. 

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV?
  • Is this happening on all contents/channels, or is this isolated to 1 content/channel?

In the meantime, please check this out on How to use volume modes on your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

This has been going on for over a year (please see original post I made on 08/27/23). 

This only happens on the Xfinity Stream App.

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Can I also get my thread removed from this other topic of the Weather channel???

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

Thanks for removing however all the prior posts for my thread including the original thread are still left in the weather channel post....

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @dansgen1alero.

May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to resolve this issue? Please let us know so that we'll know if there are other fixes available for you to try.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

All steps have already been taken, this is a software issue. Rokus has stated this is an issue with the xfinity app, but xfinity says it is Rokus issue.

I have uninstalled the app numerous times over the past year, reinstalled, and made sure both app and os are updated OS 12.5 App 6.14. 

If you pull back in the rest of my original thread you can see a lot more of the information as well as the link to xfinity forum where I have also posted for over a year. 

0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for your active response, @dansgen1alero.

We sincerely apologize for the experience this has brought. It seems that this issue may need an in-depth investigation. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once more information has been gathered, we can pass it along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dansgen1alero
Streaming Star

This was provided back in September with my original post. Please merge this thread back to my original post and remove the weather channel post that somehow was intertwined into my post. I will repost that last track ID, however that was back on OS 12.0. It is now 12.5

0 Kudos