Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the picture on my TV screen dark / dim?

I’m having the same issue. Hulu, Netflix, and Peacock all have the same result. The menus of the TV and the menus of the streaming services are perfectly normal picture quality, but as soon as we start watching anything the image looks supersaturated, fuzzy, and they colors are all off (people’s teeth are kind of black looking, for example). We went to settings and reset to default settings, but nothing has worked. Did you figure out a solution?

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Why is the picture on my TV screen dark / dim?

Hi @ChinChillax

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. To confirm, have you tried restarting your Roku device? In some cases, doing this step resolved the issue they are seeing. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

If still no luck, kindly keep us posted along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
WallyS
Reel Rookie

Mine got worse after a system restart

0 Kudos
WallyS
Reel Rookie

And it doesn't do it til putting on a show...not dark in the Hulu home page

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WallyS,

Thanks for sharing with us the issue you are running into. We're happy to help.

We'd like to have a better visualization of this concern. Would you mind providing us with a photo? Also, we just want to clarify the second statement you mentioned. Do you mean that the issue occurs when accessing the Hulu channel? If so, is this the only channel affected by the display problem?

Elaborating on the issue would really help us provide an accurate resolution.

We're hoping for your kind response.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CC1005
Reel Rookie

This is definitely roku problem! When I watch football on Peacock it looks like the game field is all foggy and the colors are way off. When I watch on my laptop or my tv that is not a roku the picture is fine. I have 2 roku tv's and the picture is horrible on both! Many people have posted this complaint and have been told to uninstall app and reinstall....doesn't help. Roku ....... this is an issue on your end. Stop running around your customers with fixes that don't work and fix it on your end. At this point I am going to get rid of my Roku tv's and purchase better quality with better customer service!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @CC1005!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for patiently performing the troubleshooting procedure. We also apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know what Roku streaming device you are experiencing this issue with? We need to make sure which Roku streaming device/TV you are having this issue with so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate resolution. 

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CC1005
Reel Rookie

I have a sharp roku tv

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your response!

We'd like to learn more about what's going on, and we'll need your help.

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

This information will help our team further look into this.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jenn823

I’m having the same issues. My device model: 3820X. Streaming stick 4K. Serial #X01700E24DHE. OS/Version 12.0.0•build 4184-CU. GC version 10.0.527. Time stamp 2023-09-20T22:23:28Z. ID-HE-378-623. 
It’s not the new tv hat has the color/ picture error. It’s the Roku device. Please fix the error. If you provide me with a email, I will send you pictures of what I see on my tv. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.