Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomcat335
Binge Watcher

Re: Update making colors appear too red, too rich

Jump to solution

I've gotta say that chat and phone support for Roku is AWFUL. Not only are they not knowledgeable, they outright lie to you. I would've had to pay long distance charges if I took them at their word. Also every interaction through email or phone escalation takes 3 days. It's completely unacceptable that it's taken 2 weeks so far and so far nothing useful. Not only that but talking to them is sooooooo frustrating. Really turns me off from buying another one or recommending when post purchase support is so bad.

Having said that I was told that a new device would fix the problem as this problem supposedly only affects certain hardware. I got new hardware and go figure, a software problem isn't fixed by new hardware as I predicted.

I got a call from a supervisor last week but I have no way to reach back out to her even though she told me she was taking ownership of my case. Support had me do useless things like factory reset a brand new device and I'm waiting for a call from a supervisor that I was promised would happen today.

We'll see what they say about the problem and if they actually admit it's a software issue that hasn't been fixed.

0 Kudos
tomcat335
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wanted to give a little update. Someone from the "Customer Advocacy Team" reached out and asked for a couple of things. He told me those have been passed along to their engineering department. There's no timeline for when the problem will be fixed.

I was reached out because of this forum (or maybe Reddit) and not because of my support case so I'm still going to say that I'm really disappointed with how bad support is. Official channels should be able to escalate quickly and appropriately. They took more than 2 weeks to do nothing, just back and forth (taking 2 or 3 days to answer every time) and not fulfilling promises so I would have to grade them an F in that department.

Hopefully it won't take another 2 years to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I know. I finally updated my Roku from one that was from like 2018...I've had to go through SO many of my files (luckily there's a program that does it fast) and strip color header..since everything I have direct plays that has worked for me...if I ever come across something that is red that I might have forgotten... it takes me just a min to fix it....but I can't believe this has gone on THIS long!

One other thing I noticed about this roku - it has a rechargeable remotes...if I reach to turn the volume up, it turns the volume ALL the way up with the initial push...it's when I started pressing it to go down and back up to get it where I want it that it works...it's the initial first push to turn up that it goes all the way up... 

0 Kudos
MisterFix
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm feeling kind of hopeless after researching this issue. I haven't posted a duplicate on here because I see there are already numerous about the dark red tint on the Roku Ultra. I would really hate to drop this box because it's better than the alternatives in almost every way. But lately, I've started getting random HDCP issues. Sometimes when coming back from sleep, the box isn't displaying in 4k anymore and everything looks pixelated. I've never had to reset a Roku so often as I have in the past few months. I feel like I'm witnessing the end of Roku's run here, which is sad and so disappointing. 

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well the workaround works good for me... but there is another thing about this Roku Ultra that never happened with my other one... If I grab the remote to turn the volume up one level, it turns the volume all the way up...like I'm HOLDING the up volume until it's maxed out....and if I grab the remote to turn it down, it will MUTE it (sometimes) not always... and I'm not hitting the mute button.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MisterFix,

Just wanted to welcome you here in the Roku Community and appreciate you for flagging us about this behavior you're experiencing on your Roku ultra.

We'd be more than happy to take a closer look at this.

Let us know...

• Could you tell us if this error you receive affects all channels on the platform?
  • Does a simple restart help fix the issue, or does it come back even after the restart?
  • How long have you been experiencing this?
  • What have you attempted so far to fix the issue, and what haven't you tried?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @1DayAfterAnothe,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to see more on what's going on here, and thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Have you tried repairing that remote and making sure to restart your device to see if you're still seeing the same issue?

With more information, we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next step.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's not my first post... It started from day one out of the box (I'm assuming you're speaking of the volume). Yes reboot...the roku itself works great...it's just like the volume is buggy...Like just a moment ago I went to turn it down a notch, and it went all the way down to zero...it's as if it's the initial push... any pushes after that work fine...So weird...the remote works great otherwise. It's not a major issue for me. I can deal with it... I'm not sure how to repair the remote or what that even means. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @1DayAfterAnothe,

Thanks for your response.

This is an issue we would like to investigate further. For us to work on it, we'll need information from your end. Kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ken996

Jump to solution

This is happening to me now too ljist started yesterday I’m on ver 12 up date 

please fix this many people have the issue so it’s not on our end it must me something Roku needs to fix ASAP 

0 Kudos