Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squadri2328
Reel Rookie

Re: Update making colors appear too red, too rich

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuCarly,

This issue occurs in all apps on the Roku. Sling, Max, YouTube, Disney, etc. No app is safe. Even Roku MP and Plex- I don’t use those but tried it .

Model- 4800x-Roku Ultra

serial-X01000V2UCUA

ID-S0/A2132UCUA

TRACKER ID- UA-056-211

I’d take a picture but all apps are not working right. I can only show you how it looks off/bad.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @Squadri2328!

Rest assured that we will include your device in the process of investigation. 

Our team is working closely on this matter and will find you the best resolution possible. Once we've been notified of updates we'll make sure to share it to this thread.

In the meantime, we appreciate you for reporting this and we request your patience as we work on this. 

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DarkBlood
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks everyone. Problem is 100% solved for me. I took everyone's advice and picked up an Nvidia shield. All colors fixed, audio problems improved as well. was basically plug and play out of the box. 

This will be my last post. So I appreciate everyone's assistance. except Roku. 

MisterFix
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@DarkBloodhave there been any negatives with the Shield? I'm about to do the same. I just watched 18 episodes of a series and had to uncheck direct play for each of them after starting.

I'm in agreement with what you said about just using the PC. The Roku was supposed to be a convenience, with a nice remote and great app support. And it was, until I upgraded everything in the house to 4k and switched to the Roku Ultra.

I think I could have developed my own personal Roku alternative from scratch in the time it's taken to get this issue patched.

amandaweires
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@DarkBlood Thanks for letting us know this works. Hey Roku mods-@RokuCarly-we, the customers, should not have to purchase an Nvidia shield to get our TV's to work. It is your job to patch your faulty products.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I doubt Roku will ever address this. They either can't fix it or won't fix it. Terrible company.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We are currently aware, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • If possible, provide a photo of this occurring issue for reference.

Please take note of those who have already provided us with these details that we have already included in our investigation.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I turn the show I want on on any app and when the show starts it's dark with only some red and you can't see what your watching. I have tried to turn the TV on and off and reset the picture audio option and nothing has worked 😞

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Mastermom15!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention. No worries! We're here to further assist you and find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we know if this happens when the HDR settings on your Picture mode are enabled? Also, as we check, you have multiple Roku TVs connected to your account, can you please confirm which specific TV is affected by this? 

In the meantime, we suggest performing a system reboot under Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart to see if this will make any difference.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to find you with the most accurate resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly 

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Olddrache

Jump to solution

Insane this issue is still on going.  Starting to move everything to Fire sticks with the recent sales Amazon has had.  Clear issue that take a company years to fix is a good indicator they dont care about their customers.  I was a Roku supporter for years but this is becoming more and more of a problem.

Same with a backlit remote.  How hard is it to make one and not have to go through a 3rd party.