Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poisonsap

Unable to get any apps to stream video

Jump to solution

This past weekend I just switched out my old Roku for the streaming stick 4K on my Samsung TV. It worked great with all my apps for the first 2 days. Now all I can do is open the apps. When I try to navigate and play a video it just freezes.  I’ve tried Netflix, AppleTV, YouTubeTV, and Max. All failed to play anything before freezing.

I did the steps recommended around restarting the router and the device. Did nothing. I’m drawing a blank at things to try.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to get any apps to stream video

Jump to solution

Hi @poisonsap,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for getting in touch and for sharing your report about the issue with multiple-channel playback on your Roku Streaming Stick. This problem may be related to how you are powering the device. If you are currently powering it directly from your TV, please try using a wall outlet or another power source with sufficient capacity, and then try again to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to get any apps to stream video

Jump to solution

Hi @poisonsap,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for getting in touch and for sharing your report about the issue with multiple-channel playback on your Roku Streaming Stick. This problem may be related to how you are powering the device. If you are currently powering it directly from your TV, please try using a wall outlet or another power source with sufficient capacity, and then try again to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.