Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick03

Tv not showing a picture when I go to play a movie and I don’t know why

Same issue, except I do have volume. I have a brand new roku express device i just purchased from Amazon. NOT refurbished and I've reset it several times. Still black when playing any shows or movies....

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Tv not showing a picture when I go to play a movie and I don’t know why

Hello @Nick03

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We are more than happy to help you get back streaming. To better understand the situation, we'd like to ask a few questions. Kindly provide with us the following:

• Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Aside from the black screen, do you remember getting an error message or code?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

Additionally, try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting to help you resolve the issue you are seeing: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.