Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fdavet

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

I cannot use the Roku device until they get it working again. In the meantime, I have switched to a firestick HD, and it works well with TABLO 4. 

mwk1
Channel Surfer

I splurged on a Google device from Walmart and Tablo works very well on it.  In fact, much better than the Roku version even when that was working.  The Roku version of Tablo was very VERY slow, sometimes it would take 30 seconds or more to launch and sometimes not at all.  Also, I was constantly having to reboot the roku itself when the Tablo app would crash and ask me to set it up again, as if it had "forgotten" the account.  So far, none of that nonsense with the Google version.

Tim100
Reel Rookie

Today I did a manual update today (10/9/2023). My Roku did update and rebooted. It still has Ver 14.0.4 with build 12221. Tablo still not working! The last up date when Tablo stoped working was 10/4/2024 was Ver 14.0.4 but I did not record build number.

frankjunkmail
Reel Rookie

@Tim100, I have the same exact result from the manual.update yesterday.

Memolon1
Channel Surfer

Good morning I just did the update on the 2 Rokus express 4k+  14.0.4 build 12221 and still the same problem with Tablo, on my Roku ultra the Ultimate that I purchased 2 days ago ago software 14.0.4 build 12900 everything is working Perfect!!! With Tablo I hope that help to solve this, Thank you!!! 

Memolon1
Channel Surfer

Good morning y just did the update on my 2 Rokus express 4k + and the problem still the same, on my Roku ultra ultimate software 14.4.4 build 12900 everything is working perfectly with Tablo , I hope it helps to solve the issue thank you!!! 

Memolon1
Channel Surfer

Sorry the Roku ultra ultimate software 14.0.4 build 12900

Cemetery21
Channel Surfer

"Google device from Walmart"  Me too.  Picked up one Monday and had Tablo working in less than an hour.  I thought it would be temporary until Roku got the problem fixed.  But, I like the Onn Google device much better than Roku.  The interface is much like Fire TV (which my wife uses), but simpler.  Picture is better than with Roku and navigation is at least as good.  No reason to go back to Roku now even if they do fix Tablo.

Memolon1
Channel Surfer

With all the respect I love Roku and the channels network is really good I enjoy them much!!! I hope they fix this soon 

JBK2

It's Prime Day all.  I just ordered Firesticks to replace all my Roku devices.  Not only was Tablo TV broken but Roku was also having issues with Plex.  Too long without a fix.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.